Monday, October 26, 2009

Helena is HOME but this is not to bad for now.

Our new neighborhood, finally out of town and motel room. This is the view of the lagoon about 10 steps from our front door of the rental home we will be at. We have heard you have seen snow allready...sorry. It is 3 bedroom so make your reservations anytime. Wow only 3 weeks and we do miss the family, the Elkhorn family the Helena family, what a brotherhood we have The Majuro brothers and sisters do fill a void as you can imagine. The 2 congregations here do need the help and they think the one more needgreater couple, who should arrive in Dec. will work out for now. They could soon be building a new hall and split for a 3rd congregation, Jehovah willing. Allthough they work their territories regularly the field is active almost all the pioneers and publishers have studies. Lynn was on two studies and both of us started a study this morning. 2. This is a picture of our rental from the road (Hwy 12 Inter atoll 90) 8 miles from town but a 30 minute drive because of speed bumps, chickens, kids, people, etc. On Sundays, people go "Jumbo". That means they usually cruise in their cars to the Laura area. "The Sunday drive" On that day the ones who live out here set up fruit stands to sell coconuts and Pandanus. The last picture is taken from the same spot on the road looking out at the ocean side instead of looking at the house. We are trying to write to everyone. Would love to hear from anyone either e-mail or letter!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I just got caught up on all your pictures. I love being able to see where you are and what you are doing. Jim and I got your mailed letter yesterday but we have been gone to the Gillette Wyoming Hall build so it may have come last week.
    I caught the flu Sunday evening and was sick until Wednesday when we decided to take the camper to Wyoming in case I was still feeling bad. I had hurt those compressed discs in my back a week earlier and hadn't gotten over that when the flu hit. But we got to Gillette and I felt fine. Another sister from Lewistown had it the day before and she was there working too! Oh my!
    How are you two doing healthwise? I hope the balmy but wet weather is good for you. I'll e-mail you when I get a chance. Is it too expensive? Let me know. Miss you both and are so proud of the example that you continue to set for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful spot!!! I bet it is going to feel really great getting settled in. I have been wondering how your artritis is doing there? If it is better? It is so nice that you are so needed and used there immediatly. It is a cold snowy day here. I hope we can visit you guys. Thanks for posting the pictures. They are really exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! the Beach! I could use that right now. I love all the pictures - thanks for the great descriptions of what you are doing. How are the language skills coming along? Nothing much to report from the Bitterroot - other than we had a ripping forest fire this summer up Kootenai Creek Canyon that we could watch from the house. Big fire explosions and evacuations for people on the West side of the river. I'm sure if Uncle Vinny would have been in charge of the helicopters, it wouldn't have gotten nearly so out of hand - 4800 acres. But now the smoke has left the air thanks to a good rain and snow, and we just have the great smell of River and cottonwood leaves. The geese are flocking up and fly honking overhead everyday --its neat to see the parade of animals that walk through here each day too. Lots of dear, coyotes, fox, grouse, pheasants, and the "calling card" of a bear or two. Keep up the reports from a distant land - its great!

    ReplyDelete